What Are WordPress Support Services, Anyway?
WordPress support services, in one line:
What are your choices?
There are a lot of people that offer WordPress support services, some being: your current web designer, a freelancer, or a virtual assistant. There are problems inherent in all of these choices. Your web designer often only cares about finding new, bigger projects and does not want to deal with small issues with past clients. A good freelancer is hard to find and often disappears when you really need them. A virtual assistant my be a cost effective solution because you are already using their services, but they do not know the ins and outs of WordPress. So what does that leave? A company that specializes in WordPress support services, of course!
A WordPress support services company can be on call when you need them and they have their pulse on WordPress at all times. When security alerts come out or new versions of WordPress are released, they know exactly what to do.
To get the most out of your website, it needs to be secure and running on all cylinders. WordPress support services accomplishes this.
- Keeping plugins and WordPress up to date will ensure you are patched from security vulnerabilities.
- Consistent backups (and a way to quickly restore them) is imperative if anything does happen to your site.
- WordPress is the most popular CMS on the planet, this also makes it the most popular to target with malware and website hacks. Keeping an eye on security will ensure your site is protected.
- Your site is not done when you launch. Having a person you can go to for fixes, updates, additions and customizations will help you evolve your site over time. With constant adjustments to your site, you will get a longer life out of your investment.
What is actually done?
At wpONcall, a person (or company) using the service will get:
- Daily plugin updates
- Proactive updates to the WordPress core.
- Weekly backups that are stored in the cloud.
- Constant security monitoring to look for vulnerabilities and malware on your site.
- A WordPress expert (human) you can contact when you need anything done for your site.
You can save a lot of money using these services instead of handling your website in-house. Sites are better protected, run smoother and provide a better return than simply letting your site sit and go stale.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!